Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Procedure today

Some people have a life verse from the Bible. I have a life chapter, LOL. Of course, I do love to be different. It's amazing though, that every time something is going on in my life that causes me fear or distress, I can go to Psalm 27. He always shows me something there! Today, He has led me to verse 6. Sometimes, it truly feels like a sacrifice to be joyful, but God asks us for sacrifices of joy, and for us to still sing praises to Him. Even though I am scared today, I will continue to sing praises to the One who already knows the outcome.                                

If you have read this blog in the past, you know that Victory in Jesus is very a special song to me.  I've decided that I will sing this song today, to remind me that He is always victorious.

A note about the procedure that I will have today. It is called a LEEP procedure, and I have had them done in the past. This isn't the first time I've had abnormal cells, it's just the first time I've had them along with elevated blood tests. Previously, the abnormal cells were rated a stage 1 abnormal, and these ones were rated stage 4. The procedure I will have done today is not painful, but does cause pain afterward. I will not need to be sedated, just some local anesthetic will be given, and I'm sure I will be wishing for more once the pain sets in!! The oncology doctor will be right there to test the cells they get, and they will remove all abnormal cells they see right then and there. Then he will test those cells and I will get all of the results, hopefully by Friday. Thanks for praying.

2 comments:

Cat Musgrove said...

You and I are dealing with similar issues. We're praying for you and I will be singing right along with you today!!!

Love to you all!

Cat

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you Michelle; that you will have little pain from this procedure and that the results on Friday will be good. Our God is a healing God and He knows our needs, wants, and desires. He is the Great Physician and is in control no matter what! :) (Just some words of encouragement! I'm sure you've heard and read them before.) Vicky & Bruce Conklin

 
Blog Design by Ammupappa