Friday, February 5, 2010

2/5/2010

I am SO sorry for the lack of updates lately. I can not begin to explain just how tiring it is to be back home! I often sit down with the intention to write an update, and then I fall asleep.

Gracie ia doing quite well, especially since she has been sick, pretty much since we got home. We've had about 600 scares already, but that is really just par for the course. This past Monday she got this nasty gastrointestinal bug that's going around here. Of course, it hit her at 1 am. She woke up vomiting, and off to the ER we had to go. If I had of followed her discharge instructions, I would have actually called an ambulance. They decided to err on the side of caution and do a CT. It looked good, though there are abnormalities on it. I think that those are from the stroke, we will find out when she see neuro on Tuesday. On Tuesday, I ended up taking her BACK to the ER. She woke up from her nap and was acting different. This is the part of all this that I hate the most. When she acts different, even just the tiniest bit, I KNOW it. I notice right away, and then when nobody else sees it or gets it, it makes me feel like I'm a loony toon! She was having a harder time than normal with walking and her vision was not right. She would be talking to me and trying to look at me, but actually looking around or over me. By the time we had sat in the ER for 2 hours, I was starting to think that I was just crazy. The doctor ended up doing a shunt series, all looked well, and so we came home. Then Wednesday night she started sneezing and coughing. Yep, a head cold has all of those symptoms! Today, we ended up at her pediatrician. She has a visiting health department nurse come out once a week on Friday to check her blood pressure, eyes, temp, and lungs. Well, she sounded coarse to her, so she recommended getting it checked. Praise the Lord, she sounded fine to the nurse practitioner.

We are still trying to get the home therapies down pat. It is definitely harder to keep her attention at home. She wants to play with Josiah and Nick all the time. She does try hard though. She continues to have a problem with falling. It's funny. Her never give up attitude is what has gotten her through all of this, still a happy little girl. It's ALSO the cause of many bumps and bruises, because she doesn't give up ever. Especially if she wants to get somewhere or get something.

Please pray for Tuesday's appointment. We will be traveling to Rochester early and getting home late evening.

1 comment:

HOPE said...

Your Gracie is such a little trooper! I hope all went well for you in R.

I can only imagine how you feel during the times you described above. You are just being a wonderful, caring Mommy...and that too is PAR for the course! Praise God for a mother who loves her child so much.

The LORD knows all your needs..and he has chosen you...a Special vessel to do a work for him. You don't realize how many volumes you show by your continued trust in HIM and manifesting HIS GRACE in all your lives.

God bless you with continued courage and strength.

I was recently diagnoses with breat cancer..had my surgery and will be doing radiation. God has been my comfort and has opened all the right doors to the right doctors, treatments ect. HE is our help.

If you liked to visit it's at my Watering Wells of Hope blog.

God bless little Gracie with better days ahead..

HOPE

 
Blog Design by Ammupappa