Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Aunt Fret

Tonight, we went to the nursing home to see my Aunt Fret. Gracie was all excited, we had visited her before, and she sat in the hallway with us and talked. Well, now Fret is getting ready to meet Jesus. She lays in a bed, very close to the floor, with oxygen on. We walked in, and Gracie immediately walked back out. She told me she was scared. we walked around for a few minutes, and I tried to explain the machines to her. SHE KNEW WHAT IT WAS. She looked at me and said " I know that's a breathing machine, Momma. I don't like it in there." Like the sweet girl she is, she did go in with us. She sat right by Aunt Fret and told her she loved her. She listened as I read to her from the Bible. When we left, she was a bit sad and subdued.


Later, she told her Grandpa that she had gone to see her Aunt Fret. She told him that " she doesn't get up and go sit in the big room anymore. She has a nice bed though and a machine to breathe. They keep it right next to her and she has a duck and a TV. Her hair is soft and she'll be happy with Jesus."

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Ammupappa