Wednesday, November 16, 2011

2 years ago today...

We were standing in front of a CT room as the words you never want to hear were being yelled. "Code blue, bag her stat!!" I was standing in a hallway, watching as Vicky jumped on top of my 3 year old daughter and began administering CPR until the equipment small enough was brought to her. 2 years ago, we sat in the PICU as a nurse rushed past us with a DRILL and we listened as a doctor we had never even met drilled a burr hole into the front of her head. 2 years ago, I sat in a wheelchair in the middle of the PICU, basically rendered speechless and unable to cope, as my Pastor took over and took care of every detail for us. 2 years ago, we rushed into the doors of Strong Memorial Hospital and up the PICU- no clue what we were going to find when we got there. 2 years ago, we were told that our sweet girl would be "a vegetable", "a shell of what she once was" and "not the same Grace we know now." Two years ago today, God began to use our sweet girl to show us just how powerful, loving, and merciful He is.
In two years time, we have had so many triumphs!!!
From this:
to this:
We have had setbacks....

blindness, seizures, and multiple illnesses to name a few!!

And we have had an amazing amount of fun!!





In two years time, we have learned that grace of God truly is sufficient. In the good times, the bad times, and the times we didn't think we'd make it through another minute, He has pulled us up and held us in His hand. He has used so many of you that read this blog to make us laugh, dry our tears, (or let me soak your shoulder), and just keep us fighting the fight. So, thank you....for reading, praying, and loving us! We love you!!

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is
made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather
glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches,
in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake:
for when I am weak, then am I strong."

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Ammupappa