Sunday, July 25, 2010

Challenged.

Yesterday was a challenge. The Carbatrol seemed to have full grip on my sweet girl, and I was not dealing with it well at all. We had a great, fun day planned...and Gracie went through it in a haze fueled by some very bratty moments. The day culminated with a feisty almost 4 year old who did not feel the need to sleep. Which makes for a mean mommy. The she curled up in my arms, laid her head on chest, and we talked. I showed her pictures, and she talked about the people in them. She misses her friends from St.Mary's...and she remembers them all by name!! That seems pretty good for a child who's "brain is SEVERELY deformed.", right? I think so.

Well, the day over, I crawled into bed, feeling a like an ungrateful worm. Which I am anyway, but I felt extra wormy last night, LOL. 

Yesterday, Gracie got her breakfast all over the place, as she does pretty much every day. Her hand eye coordination still isn't as good as it should be, so when she feed herself, it tends to get quite messy.
                    She feeds herself.

 Yesterday, Gracie ran through Wal Mart and almost ran right into an older lady, instead of walking closely to me as I had asked her.

               She's no longer 
               confined to her wheelchair.  

Yesterday, Gracie accidentally missed her potty seat and peed on the floor.

I have never had to change a foley catheter.

Yesterday, Gracie talked out of turn and told me no- more times than I'd like to count.

Just 8 months ago, we were told she 
would never talk again.

Head over to Praying for Avianna if are in need of a real challenge. 

God is good. 

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Ammupappa