Sunday, August 1, 2010

Forgiveness...

I write this blog with the intention that one day, my children will read it. I pray that as they look over the pictures and see all that has happened in such a short time- all that God has done for us as a family- that it will make it real to them. See, we as adults are getting all of the blessing from these trials. Gracie and Josiah have not yet learned to walk with God, or what a sweet fellowship there can be---especially in times of great need. I've often said that I got extremely close to God while Gracie was in the NICU. That is a blessing, but it's certainly not the way it should be. I was not right with God when Gracie was born, or for quite a few weeks afterward. Oh believe me, I cried out to Him and begged Him. I held Him at His Word for many things...but I was not right with Him. I was angry at Him. In my human mind, I didn't believe that He had listened to my prayers while I was pregnant. Or, maybe He had, but He just didn't care enough to answer them. It took weeks for me to allow Him to comfort me. It is one of our most fervent prayers that when our kids go through the storms of life, they will ALREADY be in sweet fellowship with Him. That when hurt and heartache come, they can cry out to Him and receive His comfort right away- without feeling the guilt or shame that come along with USING God only when we need Him. I praise the Lord, that when all of our health issues began in November, we were both enjoying a close relationship with our Savior. What a difference that makes during a time of REAL trial!

A while back, I posted about the lady at WalMart who gave unsolicited advice about potty training. At the end of that post, I gave my kids some lessons to be learned, but I forgot the MOST important one. Be forgiving. My sweet Gracie girl, people are going to hurt you. People are going to ask you stupid questions and stare at the braces on your legs. People are going to tell you that the medications you take are unnecessary. People will make fun of you because you are not exactly like them. Josiah, you will have to watch as this happens, and if we train you right---it will hurt you to see your sister hurt. Kids might make fun of YOU because you lag behind with your big sister. BE FORGIVING!!! Always remember that people are just that---people. Be always ready with a smile, a quick explanation, and love- then go to God (and Mommy) with your tears. We love you both.

"But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also. Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.  And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven."

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Ammupappa