Monday, January 25, 2010

Victory in Jesus

This has been one of my favorite hymns since I got involved in church. I find myself singing it quite often, just around the house or in the car. Yesterday in church, we sang it as a congregational song. I can't tell you how much of it I actually sang, I was literally SOBBING through it. Do you realize that this song is TRUTH??? Standing there, among 200 others who believed every word that we were singing, I couldn't help but think just how amazing our God is!!

I heard about His healing,
Of His cleansing power revealing.
How He made the lame to walk again


And caused the blind to see;


And then I cried, "Dear Jesus,
Come and heal my broken spirit,"
And somehow Jesus came and brought
To me the victory.
 
 God's so good!! Over and over, I hear about how she "shouldn't" be walking. We were told that she MIGHT walk again, in a few months to a year. People always says how amazing she is, what a fighter she is. I agree wholeheartedly...she is amazing. However, it is God and God alone Who gave those legs the ability to walk again. Was Gracie blind? Yes, I believe she was, as do her doctors. Was it an accident that the very day after I asked people to pray about her sight, that she suddenly began to see? NO!!! It was ALL God, yet again!! Thank You, Jesus!!
 
 

2 comments:

HOPE said...

Praise the LORD for this wonderful post...

I so often have songs that pertain to my very situation. If you visit my blog This is the day..you can read a very special song written just for me...telling the story of Jesus and all he's done for me.

Your daughter is precious and I thank the LORD for all HE has done and will do for you all.

May God continue to bless you each day...
HOPE

Amanda said...

Oh, Michelle- that's one of my favorite Hymns!! It fits your story so well, too. :). You're so right. How many people ever actually get to be part of a miracle? Gracie's an amazing testimony to God's power.

 
Blog Design by Ammupappa