Monday, March 22, 2010

It's high time...

that I had a post of what we are thankful for around here!!

The past couple of days, I have been looking through the old blog posts and pictures. Wow. I noticed that the past few posts have been somewhat **sour**. I sound like some whiny, pathetic woman with no hope!! Which by the way, I sound like on a daily basis--but like I've said before, blog land gets a positive spin.

ANYWAY!! As I was saying, I was looking back over my old posts...and I couldn't help but notice so many differences in my girl!!

---Her eyesight seems to be getting better everyday. She hates to wear the eye patch, but we usually get it on her 4 out of the 7 days. While her eye still wanders, I have been noticing lately that she seems to have a LITTLE better hand eye coordination on the affected side.
---Her wheelchair is sitting in the trunk of my moms car, where it has been since we went to the dentist last week. She didn't use it then either, we had it along just in case. The last time I can remember that she used it was when we were at the mall a few weeks ago. She was already tired that day, so she wanted to sit and ride. That doesn't happen often though.
---She has been trying very hard to retrain on the potty. This is probably one of the most difficult things for her to relearn. Her muscles there do not work the way they used to and she just doesn't feel when she has to go. Sometimes I'll hear, "I'm peeing!!" as she frantically tries to get to the bathroom. We're not where we were (fully trained)...but we're getting there.
---Physical and occupational therapy are going well. While she hasn't had any speech therapy since we have been home, her speech has improved tenfold since before the stroke.
---Her hair is growing!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love your new design, so pretty and springy! I always look forward to reading your posts, Michelle! God is good.

 
Blog Design by Ammupappa