Saturday, November 14, 2009

November 14, 2009

I had to take Gracie to the ER by ambulance today. She hasn't been feeling well for a couple of days, nothing too big, just a little virus. Today, after we got up, she threw up her Tylenol and then completely stopped responding to me. She was just sitting there staring up into space, her eyes completely glassy. I knew right away she was having a seizure, even though she never actually had any rhythmic movement. She was completely unresponsive when the ambulance and police got there. I was so scared...I rode in the ambulance, and the man in the back was very rude. He somehow got the impression that I hit her head and she lost consciousness. Then he asked if this was her normal state, since she has hydrocephalus. UGH.It really bothers me when people make stupid assumptions. Anyway...we got her there and she had started to perk up. She DID have a high temp, so the doctor thinks it was a febrile seizure. He did a shunt series just in case, it came back fine. He checked for both flu, strep, did a urinalysis...everything came back ok. So, she had half a bag of IV fluids, and now we are home. She's acting somewhat normal...just very tired. We'll see how she is in the morning...I just don't feel right...

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Ammupappa