Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Starting to get some answers...

Well, it looks like Grace definitely had a stroke. According to the CT scans done here. It's so strange here sometimes...they have her on this drug called  Remifentanil. It is a drug to sedate her, but she comes off of it quicker than others. When she gets agitated, the nurses come in and give her Ativan. Then they'll come in 10 minutes later to do a neuro check and say " Grace, open your eyes." over and over. Hello!! You just sedated the child!! Then they go outside and talk about how she looks from a neurological standpoint. In any other situation, I might find it humorous. I realize that they are just doing their jobs...rest IS what she needs.

I miss my girly-bug. That's the reason for the butterflies on the page...when she was in the NICU we called her flutterbug, because she fluttered up and down in her stats. She graduated to girly-bug and that's been my favorite nickname for her ever since. I can't believe just the other night, she waited up for me to get home from my birthday party. She accidentally squirted lotion all over my brand new shirt...then laughed because it smelled pretty. We played with balloons and caught up on our day... she was SO excited to eat my birthday cake the next day.
"What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.  In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me."

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Ammupappa